Monday, January 17, 2011

July 2010 - Contra Loma Death Camp

...ahem... Regional Park & Swim Lagoon.
I am totally freaked out by this place.
Out in the middle of nowhere, there is this manmade swim area.
It is made to look like a beach or lake or some natural body of water, sand and all.
But it is totally manmade. Filled with cement, a concession stand, lifeguards, time outs, rules and regulations, smoking, and cut-offs.
I swear we were about to be eliminated. I was waiting for the sirens.



Something about manmade bodies of water, really freaks me out!

There were so many rules, I felt extremely restricted, but I had paid to get in, so I figured I would stick it out... for the boys.

They had a blast. They played in the "sand", they swam in the "lake" and had lunch on the grass, blind to the fact that we were about to be exterminated.


Photobucket
Photobucket

I heard one of the lifeguards begin the closing countdown, I instantly gathered up my boys, ran across the asphalt, loaded up the car and hit the road.


Photobucket

In my rear-view mirror I could scarcely see the explosion.
It may have been the sun's reflection, I am still unsure, but I am not going back to find out. As far as I know, Contra Loma no longer exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment