Wednesday, March 14, 2012

July 2010 - Sand In My Toes

I remember the first time, since we moved back from Arizona, that I drove through the middle of the green hillsides on my way through the tunnel, on our trip into the city. I remember the way that I felt. I whispered a prayer of gratitude as we came out of the tunnel and the air became crisp. I remember thinking, "How can anyone get anything done here? I can't help but want to enjoy my surroundings, every free moment that I get. How can people be driving without noticing these rolling green hills? How can people focus with the oceanside at their fingertips?"

I seriously felt like I had dried out and just HAD to get my toes in the sand and feel the sea air on my face.

Now I find myself still asking the same questions.
And the answer is, I can't!

I have to sit in the Berkeley Rose Garden, dine in North Beach, walk in the rolling green hills and most importantly, lay in the sand, wiggle my toes, run in the waves, explore the tide-pools, and sometimes simply drive up the coast, to see how far we can get in a day. I feel so blessed and love to share my joy with my children.






No comments:

Post a Comment